Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holes & Gaps Topics

Has anyone ever done Holes & Gaps as a topic. My boss has asked me to find out because she is sure that she has come across it before. Not too sure what it actually entails - presumably making holes, different sizes of holes and gaps (no idea what story we could use as a central theme!) - but if anyone could give me some advise I would be really grateful!

:o

Think about things that have holes in them - beads and other threading items, peg boards, weaving, filling activities in the water tray with sieves etc, garlic presses and other extruding resources in the playdough, digging holes in the sand to bury/find treasure, animals that live in holes in the ground such as worms, rabbits or moles, tunnels and hoops for physical play, threading pasta necklaces. Singing could include 'Theres a hole in my bucket'! Books - The very hungry caterpillar or any books that have those little peep holes in to see through to the next page. Hope this helps to kick start you. :)

Hi

Haven't done holes and gaps topic, but i like the sound of it... Can't think of the name of the story off hand, but you could include the Winnie the Pooh one where he gets stuck in the entrance hole to Rabbits house (pos link to healthy eating?)

Lots of science based posting things through, what will fit what won't, pouring water/sand/grain/rice/pasta from different sized bottles/containers, containers with holes and without. Digging holes in mud outside - planting?

How to fix holes, drilling holes, tunnels with train track, different sized (make own) bubble wands and bubble exploration.

Can't think of gaps off the top of my head though.

Let us know how it goes.

We did space and holes about 4 years ago.

We looked at personal space in Pe, finding a space... etc...

We also looked at animals who make holes and live underground.

We went on a local walk looking for holes...

L

In addition to the other ideas...how about a role play dentist? I've spotted lots of holes and gaps in the teeth of our children and they are only 4/5!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)