Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Cards For Reception Children

A christmas scene with finger print robins dotted (drawn in limbs) around. Have also made angels using a coloured handprint for the body and 2 white wing handprints on either side. Then finger painted head and halo and drawn on face!

I have made christmas trees with a photo of the child in the star at the top which the parents loved!

These make sense to me but when I read this back I'm not sure! hope it does

Weve done really simple Christmas baubles

The children have cut out two circles from coloured foiled paper which they hung on the front of the card by strips of dazzle dots they decorated the circles with glitter if they wanted to. The nursery children have done simple triangle trees with a star on the top and dots of glitter around to represent snowflakes/stars.

Its our Christmas family day on Friday (the trees are being collected tomorrow) so we will be doing the hand /foot print angels as one of the activities with the parents before decorating the trees. :D

How about reindeer shape cards painted brown with cut out hand prints for antelors (sorry can't think how to spell)., red furry nose and beady eyes stuck on??

Edited by Guest

Hi

Last year we made simple stained glass cards as a joint project.

Basically we covered a large table with plastic (black bags taped securely under the table to stop them moving) We covered the whole area with layers of tissue paper , the children ripped them into small pieces. We used loads of watered down PVA glue. When the whole area was covered I used large sheets of white tissue paper to cover the finished work. It needs ages to dry (I usually do on a Friday and leave to dry for the whole weekend). When it is properly dry you can peel it off in one giant sheet. Children then used this to cut their own shape. The glue makes it really shiny and when in the light it looks very pretty.

oh and another idea which was really good- I drew an outline of a christmas tree on acetate and blu-tacked it to the computer screen, Children then used colour magic to trace the outline and decorate their own tree.

Hope that makes sense. It's been a really long day and my head is a buzzing

:)

Hi

Last year we made a Christmas Pudding cake

cut out card Circular

children paint bottom half brown when paint is dry, cover with glue then sprinkle on mixture of christmas cake spices,cloves and glitter.

glue cotton wool to top

add holly & berries

done

smells lovely too

Ruth

Hi. Last year we did similar thing as fairynough with tissue paper & PVA. Give the children a star shape made out of thick heavy duty plastic. smother in PVA then layer different coloured torn tisue paper which can be overlapped. When it is dry peel the plastic star shape off. Oh I just remembered we used these as calendars, attaching ribbon to the top and calendar bit at the bottom. they look lovely when hung in front of a window.

Did the reindeer thing too, as well as using handprints for antlers you can use closed upside down handprint for face.

Did a xmas tree once with holes like a sewing card. The children used glittery wool to thread through the holes and it looked like tinsel on the tree. Stuck pom poms on afterwards. Good for hand eye fine motor control too. this works well at diwali for rangoli patterns too.

Liz x

We do a footprint or draw around it for the reindeer head, otherwise the same.

This year the children are cutting up magazines to find shades of green. Then they are sticking them on to a triangle shape for a tree. Once trimmed this is stuck on the card and a shade of brown added to the base for the tree stump. They then choose what to stick on the tree shape for decoration, lametta, sticky stards, etc, and a choice of glass gem (like the flower arranging beady ones) on the top. Finished with lashings of glitter.... lots of choices, a touch of recycling..... lovely!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)