Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding Audit

Hi

I had a phonecall today saying they are coming next week to do a funding audit, we have never had one of these before, can anyone tell me what paperwork etc i will need to have ready and how far back they go? Thankyou

I'm only guessing but this is most probably an audit of NEG funding, not sure how long back they would go but all financial records should be kept for at least 6/7 years.

They would want to see parent declaration forms, registers, headcount papers ( although they will have their own copies of these relevant to your setting). Basically all paperwork relating to applying for and receiving the Nursery education Grant. They may also want to see what information you give to parents about funding, any policies, ie your fees policy, fees invoices to parents etc. Not sure if they would need to see bank statements, but may also want to see accounts, to see how the funding is spent.

Why not give them a quick call and ask them how far back and what do they want to see.

The better prepared you are the quicker and easier for them.

Don't worry, their role is not to 'catch you out' but just to ensure funding is administered correctly, and I am sure they will give advise to improve recording systems etc if they feel the need to.

Peggy

p.s. Are you sure it is a financial audit, just that a few weeks ago I received a letter saying I was to have an audit, it turned out to be a quality assurance audit of what I teach, the environment etc. and nothing to do with money at all. :o

Peggy

We had an audit last term. The lady brought details of all the children that they had paid funding for that term, and she went through the registers of every single day that term, to see if the children were in on the days that were stated on the forms. She also queried a couple as a couple of children hadn't been regularly due to one reason or another.

There was never any come back from it.

We had an audit last year. The auditor just wanted to see the current register, and checked that the most recent applications for the nursery education funding matched up with our registers. We have to show if a family is on holiday (by marking H in the register, not A for absent). This is because the EYDC will claim back from the nursery any funding paid, and then we have to claim it back from the family (ie the family have to pay back the grant for the sessions they didn't attend)

Hi all,

Don't know if it is the same thing but every year we have our CDW come and do our standards check and she always does a NEF check.

This involves more or less everything already said, apart from she only looks at the previous term.

She has the names, what sessions, funding applied for, age of child. She then checks my photocopied funding applied for forms and looks at the regtister to make sure it all corresponds.

Takes about a session, standard procedure for us.

Net xx