Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Working In Schools....

beth1

Oh I do love working in schools even if its not paid employment. Every school that I go to on supply tell me that I am good and always ask for me back, but recently due to college commitments and interviews I am not able to work on suppyly. ;)

Today I went to my placement school for college, we was down a member of staff, so in the afternoon I went outside to play with the children with another student whos on expereince or what ever they call it these days. :o Anyway I did what was asked of me and when I went back inside I was told by the FS manager that I am a star, as the person who should have been out was not in. Oh I feel soo respected and supported by the staff. :D Its made my day!! :D:D

Ooo also I have got a little shadow by the student they've got in, followed me everywhere this afternoon. This always happens to me, all school/college students seem to attached themselves to me. :( Its is funny that where ever I have worked, whether school students on expereince or college students on ey course follow me like a sheep. Ok I must be a student magent!!!! :(:( Umm I think I need a new title nursery nurse/student sheep collector!!!! :unsure: :wacko: xDxD

Now I am off to see about a job I have seen on the internet, sounds interesting by I am not sure which area of Bradford it is in? Sounds like fun!!! :rolleyes: I want to try and find a suitable job in a school if I can, otherwise if a job come up in a DN I will problely just take that instead.

Beth

Sounds like your having fun Beth. You do the right thing by volunteering in schools as sometimes its a foot in the door. Good luck on the job front.

Michaela. x