Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cursive Fonts

I use handwriting for windows too, it can be adjusted to form the 'f' and 's' etc in the school style too which I find useful. I did try and be clever and cut and paste it here... but ended up with junk! It can be cut and pasted into Word to add graphics too. :)

I want this for my own use at home so dont think handwriting for windows is an option unless its very cheap!?

I have always used "Sassons" and will continue to do so for reading resources but want something to make handwriting resources ie name cards to race initially!

Thanks for all the help.

Our school bought 'Handwriting for Windows' to put on all computers. Then each member of staff borrowed the CD to install on their own personal computers at home.

We use nearly the same font as Marion, only s and z are different, and I find my Reception children pick this up very quickly.

Unfortunately ours is from our heads last school, and there are faults when you use it on the PC, like joins are not correct so your using italic etc.

I'm starting to used joined writing when I write out cheques now!!

hi Leapfrog,

thanks for that! I have found that site and another where I think it was slightly cheaper but I dont really want to spend that much at the moment.

Looks like I might have to improvise after all!

Susan,

I found a dotted-line font called Primer Apples which has flicks but no lead-ins. (As a school we don't adopt lead-ins til Y1 anyway.) I made name-tracing cards (font size 100pt), put orange blobs on as starting points for each letter, laminated these and gave them away as free gifts at one of our recent FSU 'Open House' meetings (PR/phonics input focus). Within a week of these going home the impact on name-writing has been HUGE!! And such little effort to do them too!

http://www.searchfreefonts.com/fonts/p33.htm

Website called: Search Free Fonts.com

Sorry, tried to make this an active link but doesn't seem to have worked.

Good luck.

...or then again maybe it has....!

Thanks for that dustbunny. After several attempts I have actually managed to download it to my computer and print out some names! Should be useful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)