Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cost Of Hot Lunches

At the moment the children in my nursery either bring a packed lunch or pay extra to have a 2 course cooked lunch. I want all children to have the cooked lunch, and for it to be included in the price, with the annual fee increase.

I am going to put the feelers out with parents before doing this, but I also wanted to see if any of you have any ideas as to rough costs on how much it costs to cater for approximately 30 children, across a week.

We provide a morning and afternoon snack, and this is in with our fees, but I wandered if the hot lunches is feasible, if we do it more economically - which at present I don't feel we do,

Any guidance?

Hi Shelley,

At my nursery we cater for a max of 30 children a day across the week. We give breakfast, which consists of toast and a bowl of cereal, morning snack: fresh fruit and water, lunch: a hot lunch such as chicken and rice, lasange, spageti bolonese. Afternoon snack: varies greatly but crackers of sanwhiches and fruit normally.

We do not serve red meat at all (just easier) so when I say spag bol it is made from Quorn mince.

Doing all the above costs just under 10,000 a quarter, although I will check this figure out tomorrow as it is from memory.

Our fees are £33 a day for a child of over three and £38 a day for a child under three. We do give back the MFE to the parents. Hope this info helps, e-mail me back if you have any further questions.

Julie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)