Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yay Another Interview.....

beth1

Yay I have got another interview next week. The postion is for a senoir nursery nurse (head of room). Working in a BTT room not sure of age group? :o Oh well I feel that I need another challenge! :( Not as if I have got lots to do for my FDey course. :(:(

Now in between college work etc I wil have to swot up on BTT and possible senior nursery nurse type question - does anyone know what I may be asked? :wacko: xD

Beth

Well done Beth!

I guess as far as the questions are concerned, there will be general 'practice' questions based on National Standards, Ofsted etc, then more specific BTTM questions, planning, monitoring development of the children etc.

As it is a room leader position I imagine there will be some team leader/management questions about managing time, resources, resolving issues as well.

Good Luck!

I was asked BTTM questions based on planning and observations, and fortunately, I took an example of BTTM planning I had established in a mixed age setting, where both FS and BTTM were used, so it showed links etc.

You really need to remember that BTTM is not a curriculum and that, as it's title suggests it is a 'framework to support earliest development'. I would suggest you read up on the four aspects and what they mean and then maybe have a think about the kinds of activities/experiences you could use for each, just in case :o .

Good luck for the interview Beth, hope it goes well!

Been to interview, did well until the last couple of questions, "have you ever sorted anything out for Ofsted inspections?" umm was a little lost told them I did things as I was told. How would you answer the question? Cant remember the other question! :(

I was also to be picked up by my dad after the interview, he's ended up in hosptial instead! Went for a drive in an abulance, what would the neighbours say!!!! :o My car is not well needs mending tommorow! :( So he tock me to school this morning and ended up going back home. His sister picked me up which was very strange so I think I was thinking about that towards the end! :wacko: Well I did have an interview to think about! xD

I will get to know early next week! :( So I will try to keep you posted.

Beth

Best of luck Beth, it doesn't seem fair, you are having a run of bad luck at the moment,

keeping everything crossed for you and for a speedy recovery for your dad.

Dad's ok came home this morning, now sleeping in his CHAIR! :( Hey when is it my turn! :( I normally sit in it. Still not sure what caused the pain, good news not had an heart attack fewww, my Grandad died of an heart attack around the same age of dads age now infact hes just passed it! xD

Seen antother job today nursery nurse L3, a bit of travelling involved thought it just near Shipley in Bradford. I am not sure what to do thought, travelling plus long hours = ? :o It as its own website lovey pictures of the setting, informative sections of the nursery itself. It looks as if its one of the good nursery oh and a good ofsted report in 2004. Oh what shall I do? I am all in a tiss (yorkshire saying!)

Beth

P.S. I forgot to mention I worked in the nursery in 1995 and I know some of the staff who are still there. Things have changed now though, new owners, staff, extended the nursery upstairs, good ofsted report in 2003 must be due anthoer one soon.

Edited by beth1

Sad news I didn't get the job, do I ring up and ask for feedback? I felt I did well in the interviews, oh I feel so deflated, unwanted by childcare settings not counting my placement of course! :( Why does nobody want me, I know from experince that I am a highly employable person. :( I should be more employable now I am on the FDey course leading to become an Early Years Proffessional then a QTs later on if I get my GCSE I need.

Its really put me of working from my degree study task. Umm ah low self esteem ops better not right about that! xD

I so need a job, i've got bills to pay etc so no job = no money, no self worth, low self esteem, lack of motivation. Ops something went into my head yeserday! Harrolws hiracy of needs e.g. motivation!

I have seen one other job, not sure of hours, too far away but seem very appealing at the moment! I don't know what to do any more, do I send out more spec letter stating how many hours I am looking for at what level e.g. level 3? :o The more interviews I go for the less confindent I am becoming with more and more recections! :(

I cant belive its nearly a year since I left my last perament job in childcare, I feel that I have a made a very bad mistake, maybe I should have stayed and put up with the bulling! :wacko:

Beth

Yes definitely ask for feedback. I went to an interview before this one that I know I did really well at. Sadly I didn't get it but I did ask for feedback. There was only 1 gap missing in my experience, which I was able to do something about straight away.

I had 3 interviews before getting this one - something will turn up - don't give up x

Shelly I asked for feedback. I stated in the application form that I could not work full time but they still wanted to interview me. Why bother to interview someone knowing this information and waste their time and effort. xD Umm maybe it looks good to interview a Foundation Degree Student for Ofsted purpouses? :o

Well this is the answer I received that I can't work full time due to college committments, and I have not got enough expereeince for the level of the postion. They did say that they would keep my details on file for any suitable future vancacies, well as Jim Royale says in the royal Family programe my a***! :( I have noticed this before then another job comes up suitable for me only for them to say oh its the same job! Well why tell me that they will keep my details on file when they so obuslive don't!

How do I get experince when I can't even get a job in childcare, I know I am valuled at placement and gaining some expereice but not planning as I cannot be in 2 places at once! Planning falls the same day as college. Is this not counting for anything?

Oh well at this rate I may have to cancle my hols next year! I can't afford it.

Beth

Guest MaryEMac

Beth, I have been following your quest to find work and I can't understand how you have not been successful. You sound competent, able, confident and committed to early years, as seen by you studying for the foundation degree.

Unfortunately all I can do to help, is to send virtual hugs to you with the hope that 2007 will be your year.

Best wishes,

Mary xx

Should we try a 'virtual interview' where Beth can post specific questions she has been asked and offer possible answers? You are trying so hard Beth, I was once told that a good way to look at it is that 'there must be someone out there who needs you more than them' -hope something comes along soon

Edited by Guest