Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Camel Costume Ideas

Hiya, Are you doing Humph the Camel by any chance? I think when we had camels we just got the children dressed in brown with felt over their feet - it just seemed in the too hard box to get humps on their backs but I know someone here will come up with something really creative but its not me.

Nikki

we need camel costumes too, xD the ones in woolworths are only for 3-4 yrs we need them for 5yrs old. :o have had brown material bought in to make some and am papier macheing balloons to cut in half for humps..... :( we are doing the hopeless camel and someone said they have a scooby doo outfit which we may adapt for main camel part. :D

Hi ,

Thanks for the ideas - It's my friend who is doing a version of Harumph the camel and she needs 6 costumes!!

Rather her than me!

Funny thing is Hali that her husband suggested a scooby doo costume too!!

Sue

One of the proudest moments of my life was when my son walked up to the front for the school Christmas play - as the back end of a camel. :o Not exactly a difficult part to play I admit - he just had to wear brown, grab the waist of the child in front and walk with his head held down. xD

We actually bought the Woolies camel suits last year when it was 3 for 2. However, before that we asked the parents to dress the children in brown tops and brown trousers/ tights/ leggings, black shoes. We even put black socks over hands, but they got in the way, when head dresses slipped!We used some brown cushions and added straps like a back pack, for the humps. We made simple(!!!) head dresses, which didn't cover the face by making a card band to fit round childs head, cutting out 2 pieces of card in shape of camels head. Paint brown, add big eyes with long lashes , ears and a tuft of wool. Attach cut outs together at top. Leave bottom open to attach onto sides of band. Sounds complicated, but if you can work out my muddled instructions, it does work! The bought variety are much easier, and if your going to do the same story again, then its definitely an investment.

Last year, we too did The Hopeless Camel - a hobby 'horse' with a camels head and for hump , brown cloth over childs head, with face cut out . Very simple, but effective - just how we like it!

:o

Last year, we too did The Hopeless Camel - a hobby 'horse' with a camels head and for hump , brown cloth over childs head, with face cut out . Very simple, but effective - just how we like it!

xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)