Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toy Assembly

Hi have to do a Reception class assembly for parents and school and our topic is toys. I would really appreciate any ideas as my mind has gone blank. I would like to have a story do some acting and singing. Any suggestions would be great.

Hi Maz,

i remember the school i used to work in doing something similar. One song i remember was wrote to the tune of Old Macdonald, something like

The toy shop owner had some toys, e i e i o,

and in that shop he had some .....................

e i e i o

with a .... here etc

i can only remember children dressed up as robots, marching around the floor, and dolls, but know there were more. I suppose you could use any toys that would be easy to make costumes, masks for.

Hope this helps and i'm sure you will get lots of other wonderful ideas

Jo

I once did one on toys many years ago can't remember it precisely - did lots of songs such as Miss Polly had a dolly, teddy bear songs. Children held up favourite toy and said my favourite toy is..... Ended the assembly with Julie Andrews 'Favourite things' -it was very short and sweet but the parents loved it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)