Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Morning Activities For Parents To Share With Their Children.

Hi

I see my parents each morning for a morning activity they take part with their child, but its either name writing, sharing books, sharing jigsaws or pen and pencil activities matching counting, etc but I'd like to do more things hands on , so parents have an idea of how we teach in class. Just want to have alternative ways of promoting learning for 15 mins each morning.

Any one out there do such activities and how do you make it a forfilling time as i find it hard.

many thanks

Hubbub

What about using the telephones to have a chat with their child... talk and listening is so important and many parents dont seem to get time to have a quality chat with their child. Maybe vary it using the glove puppets or ones that help them retell a familiar story; some may feel silly at first but why not give it a go. Playdough too... give them a range of things they could use;

I'm sure lots of others have some ideas too. Hope this helps :)

thank you apple its easy to give a worksheet e.g. number work, counting or write their names etc but when it come to 15 mins in the morning i feel like pulling my hair out. :o

When new children start with me, and their parents stay for long periods of time, without fail their favourite activity is playdough! You could change the tools you put out, and do all the various colours/smells, adding sparkles, etc. I've also seen some great laminated mats that practitioners made themselves, eg of a dinner plate with a knife and fork (and you therefore make the playdough food to go on it), or of a pond with lily pads for playdough frogs to go on, or a boat, aeroplane, anything in fact that you could add to with playdough bits and pieces.

Another idea might be to take photos of models using the construction kits you have, and get the parents and children to try to copy them.

How many children do you have at one time?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)