Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Evening

Our Receptin and Nursery are considering the idea of becoming an FSU. However we do not know much about it. I have read the articles and all of the items, i think, in the forum and i am sure i have lots of silly questions.

One of which is, having just done my parents evenings how do you manage parents evenings in a unit. Presently although we have worked in family groups- we have a Teacher and a TA feeding back to the parents, and have all met prior so we have notes made.

Maybe i have just answered my own question already- I just think maybe I am concerned that we won't get to know 90 children, as it was a struggle to get to know 60 children really, there are always some that you do not know really well.

We had parents evening last night in the unit. The Nursery staff sent out an open invitation to all parents to say they would be available to speak to parents between 3.15pm and 5pm. They sat in the Numeracy area of the unit. I sat in the Literacy area of the unit and gave my Reception parents 5 min appointments. It went well. No probs, low noise level and parents wandered around the unit looking at displays etc.

We have 31 Reception and 20 in each Nursery session with 2 part time Nursery teachers. Just to give an idea of numbers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)