Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Individual Education Plans

I'm trying to rethink the design of the form we fill in for individual education plans, I think our present layout has got a bit outdated. We need to rethink it so that it meets the needs of the many agencies that we are working closely with.

I would be really interested to see what others use and to share formats.

I'm also interested to know what you choose to call the plans when they are for very young children, eg 3 and under - do you prefer development plans, or play plans or action plans? Really interested to exchange ideas about this.

Thanks - I look forward to seeing your ideas - I think this forum is great - everyone help each other.

VeeCee

veecee, would it help to post your current IEP so that we could comment and amend that? I nearly posted mine but thought it probably looked a lot like yours already, which isn't very helpful. Just a thought....

ok I can do that but I don't have a version saved on home computer

I'm trying to develop a way that will suit the Child Development Centre staff as they work in the settings as well as the setting practitioners and the inclusion support team

I will sort out and post it up tomorrow

thanks for that Mary and sorry for delay in replying - computer problems

I am considering three designs at the moment one for early years action, one for e y action plus with a space for the agency details and then an alternative longer version.

we are thinking of calling them development plans, learning plans. - at the moment our team are looking at them and thinking and then will take them to a cluster meeting to let more people look. There can be so many people inputting into an iep if the child has very complex needs and it needs to suit everyone. Do other settings have more than one layout?

I hope I have successfully added an attachment - will try again if I havent

interested in general comments and will be very interested if others can post their versions

thanks VeeCee

Individual_ed_plan_early_years_action_plus.doc

Guest DeborahF

Have you contacted your Early Years SENCO about the format - you might find that they have a suggested format already? Having siad that, yours looks fine, I think it's very clearly laid out and covers everything needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)