Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Licence For Xmas Producation?

HI

I have ordered a song book and CD from out of the ark (i think it is).... i was going to use it for our xmas production with the pre-school room.

However, the site goes on and on about licencing, and says we need a licence if the public view the show... do you view parents as public?????,

also it says that if the production is recorded (even by parents) then a licence is needed.

haste to add i did not purchase a licence from them, but if i really need one then i will have to go and buy one....

it just seems a bit obserd to have to have a licence to do something in our own private nursery.

Dawn

You do need a licence if you are have use of a television, show video's and I would assume this 'production' comes under this heading. It costs about £2 per child ( on register) per year.

There have been previous discussions on this, and I have had notice through the post about it. Ask the owners if they have had this information.

There was a bit of a scam if I remember rightly so you need to make sure you contact the proper licensing people. I will see if I can find the previous posts and put a link to it.

When I realised I needed a licence I took the TV / Video home because I only used to use it very rarely.

Peggy

Heres the link

Is this a scam?

Peggy

I think that is something different Peggy. Out of the Ark charge a licence fee for putting on the productions they publish-there are other companies who do this I think. It's similar to a royalty paid by shops etc. for playing music.

Linda

I think you will have to get a licence for 'Out of the Ark'. As I said somewhere else, when I ran our church's Sunday School we had to pay to perform one of their musicals in a church service, so it was nothing to do with charging an entrance fee - we didn't! As Linda says, it's to do with the writers' royalties.

I think it is the safest option to get one if you can. I rang them once in the past ( a few years ago ) when I used some of their music for an assembly and as their were only other children watching, they said it was ok to do it without, but it seems to be more high profile now and stipulated in the book. I am sure they are only about a tenner tho.

Good Luck

M

we buy the christmas plays and music tapes( this year doing the sleepy shepherd) the book and tape costs about £25 :o and then we have to pay for a licence to perform. It usually depends how many people are going to watch as to the cost. we are an E Y U usually end up paying around £15 . We sell the tickets to parents and grandparents for around a pound and this usually covers the price.

we give the parents a mince pie as well :D .

the parents usually love the concerts and they are well worth the money.

Not very expensive usually, only a few pounds and has to be paid, imagine writing a book and not getting paid for it!

We do it every year, especially as the parents buy copies of the dvd and we get it recorded 'professionally'.

Liz x

I think that is something different Peggy. Out of the Ark charge a licence fee for putting on the productions they publish-there are other companies who do this I think. It's similar to a royalty paid by shops etc. for playing music.

Linda

Learn something new every day, thanks Linda. :D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)