Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phew I Have A Placement!

beth1

Hi Guys

I just thought I would let you know that I have a placement for my FDey course. :D Thank godness for my Learning Mentor. I will be working in a Foundation Stage Unit on Mondays and Tuesdays until I get a paid job in Childcare. The funny thing is that I have a very good feeling about this, they have already told me what ever I need for my study tasks and portfolilos just ask and we will give it to you. Maybe this is what I need, some stabity in my life for a while then maybe just maybe a part time job will come up in childcare. I would try and fit everything around my paid work, college and maybe 1 day a week in the school?

Anyway I will be starting next week, it is a big Foundation Stage Unit with lots of staff. The Headteacher told me you will be fighting to play with the children as theres lots of staff! :o I can imagine that, "get out of my way, thats my group your playing with"! xD:( Now I am off to find out more about FSU in Primary Schools. If anyone as any information on this subject please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Beth

This should be very useful for you from the forums articles section.

FS units by Anne O'Connor Part 1

Peggy

and this

Part 2

Happy reading, and good luck, glad to hear that everything is falling into place for you.

peggy

p.s. I am sure that if you put in a search under 'FS Units' you will get lots more info, there have been many discussions within the forum on this topic. :D

Peggy

Thank you everyone for your support. I am feeling that I am finally turning a corner. Thanks Peggy I have already read the articals. :D

Oh Just thought I tell you that I have an interview next Friday for a NN job in a DN , not sure of hours so I am not getting my hopes up too much! :)

Beth