Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help I'm Being Observed Reading

Hi there!

I'm being observed next Wednesday for my performance management. They are looking at PSE and reading. We use the ORT scheme and this week have a reading morning where the parents come in and help there children with the activities, which we link to the 6 areas. Every week we normally have an ORT morning like this.

The following week our topic is 'our school enironment', we will see ICT in practice etc. I'm not sure whether to link my reading obs to this or to ORT.

If you could give me any ideas I would be grateful. ow do you teach reading in your school?

Thanks

Hi Natalie and welcome from me too :D

I agree with Susan - just go with what you would normally do. I'm sure you'll be fine. If you have PM targets linked to classroom management or teaching & learning try and make sure you are meeting them.

We use Jolly Phonics to teach reading in combination with high frequency flash words, numerous phonics games, shared big book reading and sharing books with the children individually.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)