Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tuffspot Mud Mix?!

Doing Bear Hunt next week and would like to put 'thick oozy mud' in our tuffspot!

Anyone got a good mix that I could use as an alternative to actual mud?

Thought I'd seen a mud mix on here in the past but cannot find it now :o

Is this any good?

It's a mud based on peat, so will wash off quite readily. You may also have seen it in the appendix to the article 'Art in the Foundation Stage - the Project!' in the Visitors Articles section.

Sue

We have used soap flakes with brown paint in it. We used it for Mrs Wishy Washy where the animals jumped in the mud but I suppose it could do for Bear Hunt aswell.

Sue

That's a good idea, Sue - we use soap flakes quite often to create a dinosaur 'swamp' - are you familiar with the book 'Bumpus Jumpus Dinosaurumpus' (or something like that!) our children love it!

Sue

Hi Sue R and Susie - I have a box of soap flakes and have never used them before. What ratio of soap flakes to water do you use ? Hope that makes sense :o

Lola, the bigger supermarkets or Boots ought to sell soapflakes. The box isnt very big and used to be blue, I think?

If you dont want the soapflakes to dissolve, fairynough, you wont need a lot of water! Cold water will presumably slow the disolving too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)