Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Fireworks Time!

beth1

Ummm it sounds like Beruit around my house. Fireworks going off everywhere. It only Friday oh my what will it sound like on Sunday umm noisey! :o

Oh it too cold to go out and watch them not that theres alot to see. :( We sometimes go over to Roundhay Park in Leeds to watch their fireworks display. But its too cold tonight. Now this is the time I miss about my old house as we could watch fireworks all weekend without leaving the house. We could see them all going off around Halifax, we lived half way up a hill with lovey views of the area. Oh well this house does have lots of plus points too, being bigger for a start! xD

Beth

My poor dog is shaking with fear. He is absolutely terrified of the noises of fireworks and in the past has clawed his way through the kitchen door through fear. This happened a week after bonfire night, when we thought it was safe to leave him. I wouldn't mind if it was just one night a year, but it seems to go on and on. Last night I ended up shutting him in a room on his own with curtains shut and loud music playing, just to try and drown the sound, but he was still terrified.

He's usually such a calm, happy, relaxed dog, but at this time of year he turns into a quivering wreck (and so do I!!)

I really wanted to go to a display this year however most places had them last night and i was out for a friends birthday - still i'm sat in my study now and am enjoying watching the display at the house at the back of me it's been going on for the last 2 hours dread the think how much they have spent on fireworks!!!!

Well Its all calmed down around me. Lots of banging and crashing started just after 6.30 pm and carried on until around 8.30 pm :(:o now we are hearing them every 15 mins or so. :(

Oh well Christmas minus 7 weeks and then New Year oh joy more fireworks! xD

Beth

My poor dog is shaking with fear. He is absolutely terrified of the noises of fireworks and in the past has clawed his way through the kitchen door through fear. This happened a week after bonfire night, when we thought it was safe to leave him. I wouldn't mind if it was just one night a year, but it seems to go on and on. Last night I ended up shutting him in a room on his own with curtains shut and loud music playing, just to try and drown the sound, but he was still terrified.

He's usually such a calm, happy, relaxed dog, but at this time of year he turns into a quivering wreck (and so do I!!)

Jackie,

One of our dogs was the same and we ended up getting some sort of tranquilisers from the vets. He was like this during thunderstorms too and would work himself into a frenzy. We just had to give them to him a little in advance and then he basically used to sleep it off happily. :D