Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dragons!

In two weeks time our themed friday is mythical creatures. We are going to be doing dragons. I'm stuck for any ideas that i can do with 3 & 4 year olds.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

room on the broom story book, colours, scales, texture, make a dragons den in role play, magic and make belive, create own dragons, foot prints, a dragon that is helpfull (what would your dragon do to help others?)....... I like this topic it is a refreshing change!!!

Err.. i know the story with out the book! can't think of the name right now one to many beers!! It will keep me awake tonight till i remember! hopefully some one on here will help us both!!!

Wake Up Charlie Dragon by Brenda Smith is wonderful and is well loved by our preschool children.Charlie is a dragon who sleeps all year but when he wakes up he celebrates all the special occasions he's missed with his friends.

Karrie

Edited by aliamch

There's no such thing as a dragon is one of our favourites.

What about making a dragon using old CDs for scales if you can get hold of some.

Linda

There's no such thing as a dragon is one of our favourites.

What about making a dragon using old CDs for scales if you can get hold of some.

Linda

The free internet CDs at the sumermarket checkout :o

We made a huge dragon from tubes made from painted wallpaper and hung it from the ceiling so it looked as if it was flying. It created lots of interaction/role play etc

On this forum there was a link to a great website which I cannot remember, but it has a song about dragons and a booklet for telling the rhyme, can anyone remember it?

5 little dragons went out to play over the hills and far away

Mother dragon said it's time for your snack but only 4 little dragons came back.

4, 3, 2 and 1 etc

Final verse

Mother Dragon began to breathe fire

but the tears she cried made the fire expire

Mother Dragon said, it's a very good snack

and all of the 5 little dragons came back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)