Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Admin/Paperwork overload

Beau

Hi Net,

Totally empathise, in another topic hali asked about a career move and info of different ways of running preschools.

Me being an owner, this current experience of yours is something I definately don't miss.

Try and get some PLA development worker support. Maybe she has an example letter you could send to parents which sets out clearly the implications to the group of not having a full committee.

Good luck.

peggy

Hi

Know how you feel, we're struggling to get enough parents to come to meetings.

The committee have just employed me to do the admin/treasurer role (which I've been doing because nothing was getting done) don't know if that will help ease the burden on the committee. We've got our AGM next week - let's hope more than two members turn up like the last meeting. Luckily our very good chair is staying on although goodness only knows why!

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

WOOHOO

HI all, finally had my AGM and I have a full committee. Ok, so they agreed to be members as long as they didn't have to do anything aprt from 1, who is fab. I am sure the novelty will wear off like it always does. They get so fed up with been the only parent to do anything.

In reply to peggy's advice of ringing my EYDP.

I tried to ring my EYDP only to find out that she has a new job in another dept and I don't now have one.

Unfortuately, Bedfordshire County Council are notouriously (too big a word to spell right) bad. My Inclusion officer is magnificent but our county has 2 inclusion officers to over 300 settings but she will always come out and see us within 3 weeks. EYDP visit are twice a year!!! and EY advisory teacher once a yearIII(if your lucky)

We have no web support at all, apart from our ailing CIS, which I must say has improved.

We do have a wide range of courses available for £10 per course, but you have to travel upto 20 miles to a course, my deputy a non driver has had to take 4 buses to get to a half day course. The journey was longer than the course. Of course they reimburse but when you are a single mum of a young family, it is quite hard.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH did I need that moan.

Net x

Net, think yourself lucky, my early years teacher visits once a month, she ays do this and do that, can't do thing and can't do that, my staff thinks her word is "God" ( no offence) I just wish all the "advisors" would leave us alone, spend the "advisor" wages on increasing my staffs wages and just let us get on with it. a job we have many many more years of experience in than any advisor who has stepped into my setting.

ahhhhh - feel better now.

Net you are blessed with being able to just get on with it. :D

peggy

I do agree peggy to some extent but when you do need any support or help they are no where to be found.

Thank goodness for this forum and everyone on it.

THANK YOU ALL

Net x

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest MaryEMac

After reading these posts I feel really blessed. My chair was formerly joint leader with me, she had to resign for health reasons, but she knows exactly what goes on in the group and what the problems can be. She pops in to the group at least once a week and as she leaves she says, 'if you want me , ring me', and I know that she means it. Our other officers are really committed to the playgroup being successful and staff are always invited to meetings and their input is welcomed. I know that this will probably change when the chair feels the need to make the break, but for the moment everything is hunky dory. :)

Mary