Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Play

im planning a christmas play with 35 children aged between 2 and 4 and i was wondering when do you start practicing for these we are using our local church and i want to ensure that the children feel comfortable in this setting we are allowed keys for the church so practicing whenever we want isnt a problem xjojomx

Perhaps you could take the children for a visit before you actually go to practise, but I would have thought you were better to leave that until nearer the time. Theres still quite a few weeks until Christmas and in childrens lives, its ages away.

I suppose it depends on how much of your 'production' is new to them. I start practicing about 2 weeks before, well known songs and maybe one or two new ones. Any acting I plan is relevant to the songs so easy for the children to 'role play'. The staff used to complain about using the same old songs but I remind them that they are not old songs as far as the children are concerned. :o

I have found that if the children know the songs really well then they are more comfortable in 'performing' them and are therefore more likely to 'ad lib' during the performance. It is these 'ad libs' that make the event really special for the parents and children alike. :D

I agree that the children need to feel familiar with their surroundings so lots of visits to the church without having to practice / perform / remember words first, will help.

have fun.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)