Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Went For An Interview This Morning!

Well, after weeks of deliberation, I finally made the decision to move on from the pre-school. It was quite easy actually even though I am sad to be leaving the children. The manager failed to get what I was saying about BTTM and basically called me a liar when discussing my 'issues' with the some of the staff. Plus they couldn't accommodate me with the number of hours I need to do for college.

I left yesterday and had an interview this morning for a DN. It went quite well I think but I have to go back for the practical part on Monday morning.

I was feeling quite down yesterday but now today I'm feeling quite positive. Fingers crossed that this one works out!

Thanks everyone! Well, I was up bright and early this morning to get ready for my interview. Didn't want to get up though, having been to a Christening yesterday (yet another goddaughter!) and having a late night.

My main worry was what to wear this morning! Normally I go to interviews all dressed up (black trousers, shoes etc) but today is the getting down with the children, so went for jeans and trainers. I feel really confident about this particular position, hence the stress over the dress code and not necessarily what I need to be doing once I'm actually there!

The manager said she wanted to observe me interacting with the staff and children, so that means plenty of smiling, talking, getting on the floor with the children if necessary and I can't really do all that if I'm all suited and booted :).

I am hoping they will have come to a decision today, as I hate waiting around, but I understand that patience is a virtue!

So just thought I would check in with a quick cup of tea and see what's been happening over the weekend. As soon as I get back, I shall be letting you all know how it went!

Edited by Clare

Hurrah! It went BRILLIANTLY and I was offered the job there and then! The money is really good, as well as the childcare discount for Natalie. All the girls seem lovely and the manager is happy to let me leave early every week to go to uni!

I knew at the time of the interview that there were 2 positions availiable, but assumed they were both NN positions. The manager didn't elaborate so...

Anyway, when I spoke to her today, she told me that there are 2 positions, however one is for a qualified NN and the other is for room leader of the baby unit. She said to me that she wants to see how I go until Christmas as a NN (while I'm settling in really) and then come Christmas, as long as she is happy with my work, she will promote me to the room leader as I am "an excellent candidate for the senior job."

I am well pleased! I start tomorrow morning but have to go back this afternoon for some settling time for Natalie, who will also be joining me!!!

Well done Clare, hope you do well in your job, see I told you better things are around the corner! :D CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :o

Oh I wished all childcare jobs had a practical - then maybe I would get a job! Oh well at least I have my placement/vountary job at the moment.

Beth

Great news Clare, and what better time than Christmas ( yes I know it's only November ) to get to know all the parents as well, and great fun for Natalie too :D:D

Peggy