Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Graduate- Job Description

I have been asked to attend a meeting with my EYDCP in relation to the transformation fund and need to take with me a job description for the graduate I hope to recruit to the setting.

Can anyone help if they have recruited theirs to the settings. Apart from eventually being able to lead the curriculum after following the EYP pathways that are coming along what have you said their role is in the hierarcy of your settings? Are they in the management structure or at senior nursery nurse level.

I am tempted to delete the deputy manger post and create a new Early Years Foundation Practioner but wonder will this work in the absence of the manager and will ofsted approve it as I was always under the impression you must have a named deputy. HELP

Good question Sheila and one I need to address myself very soon. I was advised to contact our EYDCP recruitment Officer who will help with how to word adverts and job descriptions. I also need to know how many hours the graduate has to do per week to be eligable for the funding.

Have you got a contact for your eydcp training and development or recruitment officer?

I look forward to reading any further responses to your question.

I personally will be keeping my deputy as the deputy and as you have said I will recruit a graduate as the lead curriculum officer.

Peggy

In reply my current deputy is awaiting her interview with OFSTED

to become the manager, my manager leaves in two weeks time. This is why I think the time may be right to delete the deputy post and put in the graduate to eventually lead the curriculum. It is a small nursery with 26 places age 2 or over and I just cannot see me able to afford the manager.deputy.and graduate. I am like Peggy going to ask if perhaps the graduate need not be full time, but I suppose this will depend on the size of setting and the local EYDCP. It is the training officer I have to take the job descriptions to so I would like a start somewhere but you can see my predicament- are they the deputy or "curriculum" leaders. Could this person possibly do both jobs. Also if they were not full time, can 2 settings get the funding for one person shared?

really sorry I haven't got the answers and as you say each LEA may have different interpretations of how the funding is allocated. I'll let you know what I find out and you can let me know what you find out and between us we will most probably still be confused :(xD:o

Good luck

Peggy