Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Kippers Toybox

Does anyone have any good resources or know any good websites for the story Kippers toybox? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Karen

-x-

I have the knitting patterns for all the toys. Nearly finished knitting them after 4 years + we had help from a local knitting group lol. You just don't have the time do you?

Sue

Thank you to everyone for your help -much appreciated.

WOW Sue aren't you good -I definitely do not have the time -at my school-

we have meetings galore -have so many twilights per half term -e.g. next week we

are on Mon -staff meeting, Tues -governors meeting 5.30-6.30-all staff and the Tues after we have a whole day from when I get in 8 until 7.30 at night -parents curriculum evening so I barely have time for anything let alone knitting. I would love to knit the toys though -lovely idea and well done you -you'll have to let us see some photo's of your knitted items.

I made my own props, or rather I acquired the items very easily, a slipper, a teddy, a box with a nibbled hole etc. I made a sock thing from a spare whute sock and a red felt tip pen, a snake from a sausage shaped bit of material and my mice looked like fingermouse off the telly ( do you remember that programme? If not I am showing my age!). I also made extra mice to make ten items in Kippers Toybox altogether which then opens up lots of numeracy activities too.

I am not a sewing type but the children could tell who they were meant to be!

Sharon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)