Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Disturbing Site

Hi,

I have just been shown a photo taken by a photography student at my local upper school, and have been so shocked by it, i felt i must share.

It is a photo of a baby approx 12mnths in a pram with a cigarette.

A mock up I hear you say, unfortunately not.

Apparently this lad was in Bedford Town's Pigeon Square and a mum lit up a fag. Child tried to reach up to fag, so photography student thought this would be an interesting pic. He then continued to take photos when he saw the mother then give the fag to the baby and the photos that I was shown were the baby visably sucking in on the fag and the second photo blowing out. The photo clearly showed that this was not the first time.

I was sickened by it.

The lad is being encouraged to send it to the police. What is the world of parents coming to.

Net xx

Sorry, my english is terrible, I meant 'disturbing sight'

I thought it sounded confusing!! :o

How can that parent let their child just reach up and grap the fag. :( It makes me wonder what the world of parenting as come to, with supernanny type progames etc. Well, well done that lad who took the photo athough disturbing, do take the photos to the police and maybe the parent may be found and procucted for what I would condsider as an unfit mother who lets the baby live in an unsafe world. xD

Beth

I would contact the social services or police myself if I saw a photo like that. The lad may not feel able to 'make a fuss' or want to 'cause anyone any trouble' but unless someone reports it then the abuse will, without a doubt, continue. :o

Net, I hope you feel able to 'speak out' for this tiny child.

Peggy

Well done Net, :D I know it's not easy going down that route. I hope you didn't think I was being a bit bossy with my post, but as you shared your horror, as we all felt it was, I couldn't help but try to suggest the issue was reported. I hope you feel better that at least now you have bought it to the appropriate services attention and that now there is more of a possibility of this parent getting support in caring for her child appropriately.

Peggy