Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Key Questions - What Do You Do ?

Following a recent performance management observation which went fine one of the areas for develoment was to have key questions next to the independent / adult activities that we had set up for the children to do - I assume mainly for the adult 's benefit as my children haven't quite mastered the skill of reading yet!!- now I have key questions for an adult focussed activity but for child intiated activities this would I assume be hard as I don't know what the children would do :o but would be possible for the independent activities we have - so just was wondering what others did -

There are some good continuous provision sheets on the forum which have key questions.

If you can find them with a search I will find them on my laptop. Think they were posted by JacquieL :o

Edited by Marion

I don't display key questions except in role play area and on continuous provision sheets (I use Jacquie's ones too, with slight modifications). I display simple learning intentions next to activities to inform parents/ visitors.

We have key questions/vocabulary on our adult focus sheets, otherwise we simply encourage staff to use open-ended questioning as much as possible in all situations. eg Why do you think that? I wonder what would happen if? etc.

I have provision sheets which are displayed next to my continuous areas. These show what the children are learning and how adults can help them. You can find them here.

JacquieL's excellent provision sheets can be found here. :)

Thanks for the answers to my questions - I have already begun to use the continuous provision sheets in our one room -so must use them in the main classrooms too:) Thanks once again!

I bought the ELG cards from Primaryplan.co.uk. They have all the ELGs for each area in your classroom and a list of questions for adults to use when in that area with the children. I laminated them and hung them up next to each area. They work really well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)