Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Bear With Me Whilst I Throw A Paddy!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (stamps feet, screams and gets angry)

That's better!

What a day!!!!!

you know its been one of those days where the time fairy has been pinching time. I get to work at 9, find a pile of paperwork on my desk... followed by staff demands/ needs and of course moans... look at the clock and my god its 12 ~ time to cover lunches... cover a lunch and then have my own and now its two

Random phone calls about this that and the other forcing me to go off and find information... and then its now 4:30 deputy goes home at 4:30, senior decides she is ill and also goes home.

Dawn to cover rooms..... (hmmm wishing i could cut self in half as needed in two places at once!).

6:00 home time... offfice looks like nuclear bomb has exploded in it.

Paperwork remains undone,.... and Dawn sits dazed wondering where on earth the day went!....

What a day!!!!

hmmm that feels better just to moan it out.

Yesterday i was on a leadership and management of staff course, was hoping it would provide me with team building ideas, no such luck!... anyhow when off on course the photographer was due in i gave staff clear instructions to have one member of staff per room to go in with the children from their room (not hard really to understand that)... well apparently it was a free for all yesterday with staff here there and everyewhere and some very confused children.

I also told staff that our tweenies and toddlers were to start sleeping together as its easier that way and we have a free room for the children to go into when they start waking and others are asleep. MOnday, tuesday and wednesday staff did this.... low and behold thursday (whilst im not there) the staff don't do it..... why do i feel i talk to a bloody brick wall half my life!!!! and why do the staff rebell against me whilst im not there....

sorry moan moan moan!.

Now where is that large glass of wine?????

Dawn

Dawn, forget your whine and enjoy your wine :D

random phone calls - useful phrase- "I'll get back to you on that one" IN YOUR TIME :o

as for staff - "The photographers in tomorrow, I'm not, let me know by .....o'clock how you plan to manage this" more likely to impliment own ideas. xD

change to routine - demand to know why. :(

HAVE A RESTFUL WEEKEND. :D

Peggy

Dawn, forget your whine and enjoy your wine :D

random phone calls - useful phrase- "I'll get back to you on that one" IN YOUR TIME :o

as for staff - "The photographers in tomorrow, I'm not, let me know by .....o'clock how you plan to manage this" more likely to impliment own ideas. xD

change to routine - demand to know why. :(

HAVE A RESTFUL WEEKEND. :D

Peggy

Loved the advice Peggy, off to buy my wine in a mo!.

i sometimes forget, i think, that maybe some of the staff would like their own choices in some situations, so i liked the way your phrased the photographer dilema!. Maybe its time i get the staff to start thinking for themselves rather than waiting for me to think for them!

dawn