Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interviews, Interviews

beth1

Oh dear I starting to get a bit interviewed out, today I have had an interview for a job - turned out it is a 3 months contract :( still will need to find another job. I also have 2 tommorow one in the morning (starts in Jan 07) and the other in the afternoon both of them sound very promising. :D

Trust me to find a placement and then I end up appliying for lots of jobs, 5 interviews in the last week. Knowing me I will either get the job that starts in Jan 07 or the other one in the afternoon starting ASAP. I am looking forward to meeting both of the nurseries that are in very interested in me. I knew the FDey course would do me some good. :(

Today's interview went well and I suddenly started making answers in ademeic word, they were very impressed. xD I will just have to keep that in mind tommorow. Hey thing are looking good!! :D:o

Beth

Edited by beth1

I have been to this mornings interview, it went well I felt. Exept people kept intrupuing my interview. :( I only got asked 8-10 questions in total, If I get shortlisted from this interview I will then spend a day in the nursery working in each area to see if I like them and they like me stutation. I spent a total of 25 mins in the building. They are also expaning into another building next door, and are very good with training and professional development matters.

Last nights interview lasted around the same but without the interputions, and a lot more questions. xD How did that happen. :(

Oh well not long until the next interview, this afternoon. :( I hope they are as nice as the one this morning. :o

Beth

Guess what, I have been offered 2 jobs the one last night - still waiting for a phone call back, regarding hours, where based etc. :D He has rung up twice while I have been out. :( Wish he would ring back soon.

The one this afternoon also has given me a job, they raced into giving me an induction before I had time to think about it. Help :o I don`t what to think about it. It is 3 days per week, about 24 hours pw at the new national min wage at the moment. It is based at 2 of the chain of nurseries. Also there is someone who works who is on my FDey course.

I sort of knew this would happpen as soon as I found a placement, college should have been more pacient with me. xD Also I am at my placement tommorow so I need to sort out this problem quickly, before half term at least.

Beth

I have had the phone call from the interview last night which as offered me a tempory 3 months contract for Nursery Assistants job for less money but about 10p over the NMW . It is also 32 hours per week. So having thought about it I have decsided to turn it down. :(:o

So I have decised to carry on filling out forms for the other job for this afternoons job, this is for 3days per week at 24 hours for the NMW, they are currently sorting out the new wages according to experience and qualifications. It is a chain of 3 nurseries, I think I will be working within 2 of them, but my first week I will be spending 1 day in each nursery to make sure I know which nursery works in which way. I also think I may be ending up working with the under 2's xD:(xD but they are telling me that they will support me in this room. :( Well I hope so, as my previous exprences have been changing nappies, cleaning and paperwork not playing with the little ones. :wacko:

I have also thought that if I get shortlisted for the one this moring That I will visit them on the other day that I have not got to go to work or college. As you never know what will happen in the nursery that I have been to this afternoon.

Beth

WOW, feeling a bit giddy :o , great news though, isn't it always the same, wait ages for a bus then 3 turn up all at once xD . Good luck with your studies, your placement role and your new job :D:D

peggy

WOW, feeling a bit giddy :o , great news though, isn't it always the same, wait ages for a bus then 3 turn up all at once xD . Good luck with your studies, your placement role and your new job :D:D

peggy

Yes I know the feeling of buses, now I have a job I don't need a placement so I will tell them that I have a suitable job but also thank them for having an opportunity of a placement.

Beth

AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH! What am I doing, having sleeped on the jobs, I kept waking up to a vision of a steamroller so I have not sleeped very well. Maybe I have lernt to be a relective practiioner, xD at the interview yesertday afternoon they went straight into induction before I even had the chance to think about it. Ok I know I need the money but I am feeling very unsure about my current desion. I can't help thinking that they needed someone quick and chose me, also a another woman earlier on in the year did not turn up for work within the nursery chain did not turn up when she should have, as had a simliar expericence to me. E.G. getting the job and then finding out she had made a rushed desion. :o

I know I do not what the Nursery Assitants job so that out of the running, but I feel that there something better coming around the corner.

Beth

Oh guess what I have been asked to another interview for a deputy preschool leader postion, now this is the one I really want, also the job that starts in Jan 07 and the one I have accepted the postion for.

It's a bit like buses none come for ages and then 4 come along at once. xD I had a fab day at my placement, its a shame it not paid otherwise I would have stayed there. The reception staff said I was very good, and oh I wish you could come one day a week. :D Now this is the type of responce I get every time I work in a school, unlike working in day nurseries, oh I do hope in a while that I will finally get a job in a school. :o

Beth