Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tomorrows Children

Is the pressure for children to achieve academically causing the less able to give up altogether,causing them to have serious behaviour problems in and outside of school. Lack of physical exercise must stop them channelling their aggression into a worthwhile sport as well as making them unfit later in life.

My pre-school is in a semi rural area and our building is now plagued by vandals of both sexes after dark. I have complained to the police many times who tell me they are monitoring it. These children are about 12 years old. They have been at school for 7/8 years just about the time that the government put all this pressure on children to achieve. Thank you for reading this that is my gripe of the day.

I wouldn't be surprised !

We get an influx of children who have been seen to 'fail' in mainstream and behaviour is one reason why. Many schools feel they cannot cope. I think it could have a lot to do with the pressure of the curriculum and not enough time allowed for social skills, physical exercise, play and those important things that our government feels the need to quash in order to attain high standards.

When will they look at some European/continental education??

Sorry, got a bee in my bonnet about this one <_<

Yes most people involved with childrens education seem to be of the same opinion as us. The school children of this day will be running the country in the future.That is a scary prospect. We are constantly reading about the benefits of some European/continental education why don't the government also read and learn from this? How can we change their attitude because I am sure the government have got it wrong. We read all these reports to confirm this but no one does anything about it.

What would they do if all practioners in the early years refused to go along with it.

Yes even though they have made the curriculum more play based for the younger ones,children are still expected to achieve reach the next target run before they can walk.

... and here I am trying to level English, maths and science using P levels, because after all Special schools have got to be seen doing this better !!!!!

But who cares whether a child is level P8, 6 or level 2 in the National Curriculum when they lack the social skills and behaviour to be responsible citizens in the future (only some, not all) and quite honestly, hasn't the system failed them enough once ???

Right back I go...Hey ho :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)