Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Name

Does anyone know of a site where they list the names of day-care settings. We are in a new building and we need a name! Any wonderful suggestions that reflect community and lots of natural and outdoor resources?? :o

I don't know about a list for names, maybe a google search for 'nursery' may come up with some. xD

When I opened my group 5 yrs ago I wrote loads of ideas on a flip chart and mulled over them for a few days, adding and deleting. I ended up with Foundation Years Preschool ( after the FSC)

However, because it is in a sense jargon to parents, I did find that a few would forget and taught their children to call it Peggy's Preschool, or Peggy's Place. :o:(

Also because of the Preschool title not many parents think I am open all day (8:45-15:15) or take children aged from 2 years.

So good question. names are so important and say so much don't they.

Recently I took a photo of a child looking through a magnifier glass and my daughter said " If I had a preschool, I would call it "Little Explorers" which I thought really summed up what all the children do. Don't know if this would be suitable or found on any list though.

Good luck, remember to mull over ideas for at least a few days, let us know what you come up with if you don't mind losing some anonymity on the forum.

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

We need a name for our day care nursery. It needs to reflect quality, care ,community and a love of the outdoors. Is there such a name ? Maybe there is a site for names? Any inspiration from you brilliant people out there? Thanks Sunshine. :o .

There has been a request for this before but it won't let me link to it. If you do a forum search for 'nursery names' it will come up with the post.

Hope that helps.

Try and be original and not too obvious - especially as competition for places is high, a good/catchy name could help the business (on a superficial level)