Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sorry To Bring This Up Again!

We've just been done - not as focused on teaching although brief feedback given- but on Every Child Matters, particularly 'excellence and enjoyment'. They looked at Numeracy and Foundation Subjects in particular, but I think it goes off your school SEF form and the priorities school has identified.I'm in Reception and they asked about standards on entry form Nursery, they did look at any baseline info. They asked about what changes I'd noticed since we became a FSU. Parental testimonials and feedback are seen as a strength so rally round the good parents to write a letter of support. What the children said when interviewed was of importance,not sure what they ask them. Tracking children's progress and identifying children/targeting them was a big area they looked at. They were in 2 days and they tried to complete all observations in the first day, however they did say at end of day 1 what their focus was going to be day after. They were very unobtrusive and were keen to be seen as helping school development. Waiting for final report yet but feedback so far seems good.....Good Luck! It's not as bad as what it used to be!!

Hi Kermit! can I just ask you what they asked you in terms of tracking as I have made a few posts recently regarding this and it seems that Ofsted do want to see evidence of this. Can I ask you what you showed them and what you have as your baseline as I am in the middle of changing mine! Thanks

Edited by Guest

With being an FSU, I talked to them about how I had identified specific chn before they actually came to reception. I showed them observations linked to these children too. We still do PIPS baseline and we have a 'pre-transition' profile that tracks children on the earlier Stepping Stones ( from Sure start/QCA I think - same format as profile booklets but for nursery). they did look at the baseline feedback. In terms of profiling, I explained to them that although I make observations, I don't tick them off on the profile until the end of Autumn term, as I need to ensure I have sufficient evidence. in our school they have a 'pyramid' tracker (don't know if that's the correct term), where we have to put children on at the end of Reception based on profile data. We don't know how accurate it is in terms of projecting end of KS1/2 results yet but OFSTEd were pleased that we were trying to use the statutory profile data to indicate which children needed targeting as they move through the school. Our assessment co-ordinator had tonnes of evidence to show how specific children in our school had been identified from the tracking system and targeted for 'boosting', etc. Here is a tracker that we used for inspiration:

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/curriculum/asse...TrackerFSP1.doc

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/curriculum/asse...trackerFSP2.doc

Edited by Guest

Sorry was on fast reply and couldn't attach the profiling sheets we use:

profile_sheets.doc

I often chop up statements and stick/photocopy if targeting observations/children

We don't use the booklets now as the Year 1 teacher said she found it hard to see where the class was at a glance

Just found this too:

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/curriculum/asse...mmaryScores.doc

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)