Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visit To Reception Class.

Hi guys

I was just thinking about my college placement in a reception class, what I would like to know is should I ask questions if so what sort of questions. I feel that college has put a lot of pressure on me to find a job or placement quickly so I now feel that I am going to stuggle to pay my bills only working the other 2 days per week. AGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! :(:(

I have worked in a reception class before but it too was on placement and was a long time ago well 6 years ago.

Well hopefully this may lead to a job in a schools foundation stage unit in the local area. :oxD As I have been told by someone who works in a school attached to the before and after school club I am working in this week that practitioners who work volunatry in primary school usually end up working in the same school or somewhere else in the area.

Beth

Do you mean questions regarding input for your course work? or

Questions about working in the school? or am I totally on the wrong track :o

Your letter to the school states that you would leave after placement to work in Early Yeras ( I think)

What do you want to do when you finish your degree?

Do you need more 'working' hours to finance yourself through uni?

Are there any grants available to you?

Peggy

I'm a Reception teacher in a FSU so if you can clarify whether the questions are for the actual teacher or to sort out your placement, I'll try to help if I can

Peggy

You are on the right track about both of your questions about input e.g. polices, time managment etc and the school e.g. when do I have to be there etc.

I have sent you a PM regarding the other questions.

Beth

Inge

The questions are to the teacher about helping me with my coursework tasks a case study, and other bits and bats for Personal Development and Mangement Module and when I have to be at work etc.

If you can help that would be great!

Beth

I have visited the Reception Class at the school, I did not get to ask any questions. I went in at 10 am and left at 11.30, we watched a JP video, played with some children then went for assembly and then I went home. It is a large class of 45 children! :o

What a small world we live in someone on my FD course, her parent works there and also some else I know who as a daughter in law works in the school as well.

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)