Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm Back In Working Order

beth1

Hi guys,

Its been a funny 2 days away from the forum. In fact I'd forgoten about it. :( Anyway my news from the last 2 days.

Wednesday found a job and applied for it, go for a visit on Monday? not interview.

Thursday college day now have been told to get a 2 days upaid placement somewere, another £37.00 for a CRB Check. :wacko:

Found 3 possibale jobs working in childcare, 1 more application form to fill out, 1 to contact back on Monday and 1 Interview to attend yippeee!!!!!

Today been stressing over having the computer back tonight, :D

trying to find a placement for college before next Thursday or the will chuck me off the course. ;) ANY IDEAS GUYS xDxD:(:ph34r:

Been to visit a lovely day nursery to hand in an application form, it was busy and a quick look round, job starts in Jan 07. :ph34r: I need one now!! Great first impressions.

Also I am covering at an before and after school club as a massive faviour to someone who works with one of my parents. Her Husband runs the club, and teh playleader is very poorly. :o I am looking forward as I can spend sometime during the day studing and looking for a placement. :( :rolleyes: :unsure:

Beth

shirel

I'd love to hang on but I need somewhere to work otherwise I will probley lose my place on the FDey course that I am on. :(xD

Marion

Interesting though but I am not sure how to go about approching local schools in my area there are about 11 schools within a 10 min drive away. :o:( I also need to update my CRB check again which could take up to 4 weeks before I can work on a vounatary basis.

Beth.

Beth, she who cares wins!

That's a great quote Deb and I shall be refering to it throughout the dark days of the course :o !

Beth, I have sent you a PM about the homework question! Try and stay positive, you've got lots of opportunities lined up and as mentioned earlier, surely someone would be happy to have you working with them, especially as not only a degree student, but also on an unpaid basis.

Please hang in there! My job is particularly difficult at the moment. Let's just call it a personality clash between myself, the supervisor and a long serving staff member, but I always try and remember the reasons I am there:

1. For the children

2. For Natalie (she loves it!)

3. My desire to finish the FD.

Fingers crossed everything will work out.

Beth, just a thought, and it might make you look a bit over eager, but could you offer to volunteer in the DN you found so lovely? They'll get a chance to find out about you, vice versa, and you'd have a placement for now?

Sue

Good idea Sue R, then Beth would also have done her induction to a possible start 'paid' in January 2007. :D

Beth, let the college know about all your efforts, they must recognise that you will have a work placement sooner rather than later.

Peggy

Beth, go to the schools and speak to the head or the most senior person available and put your request to them. I am sure you will find one willing to take you on. As for the CRB, take your old one with you, it may be sufficient and if not it should still not stop you working there, but you will probably find you are never in an unsupervised situation ie sole adult with children but as a volunteer that may very well be the school position anyway.

Good luck.