Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Bright Ideas For Emptying Tuff Spots

Hi

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to empty tuff spots (builders trays)?

We have 3 tuff spots which regularly have shaving foam, sand, water, cornflour etc in them.

They are too wide to get through the kitchen door and too wide to get through the door to the garden. If you tip them to fit through the door, half the contents ends up on the floor!

They are also very difficult to clean out once they are in the kitchen.

Are we the only ones who seem to have this narrow door complex?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Luckily we have accessable sinks in all areas so dont need to rely on the kitchen and 2 sets of double doors leading to the outdoor areas. Could you use large refuse sacks to tip the contents into? or we have large tubs (they once contained the chemicals from the school swimming pool) that you can tip the contents into and are easier to manouver

The only thing I can suggest is that the cornflour leave to dry, then scoop out and wipe. The sand and water, have a lot of buckets nearby and challange the children to fill them in as many different ways they can, transporting the contents of the tuff spot to the bucket.

Then a dustpan and brush for the sand, and plenty of cloths for the children to wipe up the last of the water. :D

Peggy

Can i just hijack this post and ask which shaving foam you use - have read it should be hypoallergenic (?) but can only find sensitive! Is this this same and is it suitable for 2 year olds?

Thanks

Monica

Monica, we use the sensitive one from Lidl. Never had any problems and we have two children who constantly put their hands in the foam and then wash them and repeat this time after time (and it is cheap too)

We did find that it was beginning to be quite an expensive resource to have out regularly. So now we have a smaller amount (1 can) and this covers a tuff spot quite nicely. This week we added glitter which was really nice and would be lovely for christmas!

I am sure if you find a hypoallergenic one somewhere it will be hellishly expensive and we would not be able to access the activity as often as we do.

Edited by Guest

Guest tinkerbell

Did paper mache in my tuff spot this week ,covering balloons.I'ts amazing how reluctant some children were to get their hands in the glue..as time went on thoough they were all into it and sliding on the floor.

Tinkerbellx

This post hit a cord with me, ours is outside and on Wednesday I had the job of emptying it. It was full of a mush of leaves, conkers, acorns etc and full with rain water so too heavy to lift. Bit slimy and smelly! Just had to get the rubber gloves on but luckily it was outside.

This post hit a cord with me, ours is outside and on Wednesday I had the job of emptying it. It was full of a mush of leaves, conkers, acorns etc and full with rain water so too heavy to lift. Bit slimy and smelly! Just had to get the rubber gloves on but luckily it was outside.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)