Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Svq3

Hi new to this site and i wish i had discovered it at the start of my SVQ3! Need help on K2 in M7;How do you distinguish between relevant and irrelevent information relating to behaviour? Many thanks

Hi Julie!

Um, I don't see the relevance of behaviour to K2 of M7 - my standards relate to evaluating and matching activities to developmental levels... unless this a quirk of SVQ, as opposed to NVQ - Carol?? Any ideas?? (Beau, or Carol, is doing her A1 in Scotland, so may be better placed to help you)

Sue

Doh!! I've just looked at C7, which is all about behaviour management - it fits there! Is that what you meant? If so, I would suggest you look at the information you have available, reviewing it to see what appears to have any bearing on the situation.

sorry to confuse you all, yes it is behaviour the whole question is ; Techniques for observing and monitoring childrens behaviour individually and in groups, the need to discriminate between relevant and irrelevant information in relation to behaviours needing attention and the principles of constructing a recording system for childrens behaviour.PHEW! ive done all the usuall ones, day to day recordings etc its just that this wasnt enough!! need to expand on relavant and irrelevant!!

I would do this by observing and perhaps keeping a note of what triggered the behaviour and in what context, sticking to the facts. This way you can start to sift through what is relevant and what isn't. For instance, you might observe Peter hitting Angus and snatching a toy off him. Does Peter have a problem with sharing? However, further observations might show that Peter shares really well with all the other children and that actually he just doesn't like Angus. :D

Welcome from me too. :D

I'm not conversant with the SVQ's but maybe also you could consider

1/ the need to have an aim for an observation, to which you would evaluate to ( ie: your aim would need to be behaviour linked)

2/ The importance of distinguishing between objective and subjective comments within observations

Good luck

Peggy

Welcome Juliemoo going on from Beau's hypathetical children also it could be just that the child did not have the language to say what he wanted??? always look a the triggers to behaviour not just the behaviour that way the 'relevants ' tends to stand out more. think thats what i wanted to say, but its been a very hard week

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)