Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Key Policies And Procedures

Hello! My first bit of FD homework already (only started last night) and I'm here already asking for your help!!!

I was wondering, out of all the various policies and procedures each setting has, which one(s) would you consider to be the most important?? I have to do research on this so any thoughts anybody has would be really helpful! Also, how do you know which policies and procedures you need? Is there a place you need to go to find out (book, website etc) or are they dictated by Ofsted?

Thanks! :D

Guest DeborahF

I was told by Ofsted that the "big four" policies that are considered the most important in their eyes are Health and Safety, Behaviour Management, Equal Opportunities and Special Educational Needs - and that's why they ask for a named member of staff to be responsible for those areas on the policies. Hope this helps!

Thanks Deborah and LJW. Those were the ones I was thinking of too, especially the Child Protection one. I don't know why, but it just stuck in my mind as soon as policies were mentioned.

Have a look in the National Standards, you would find some policies are directives ie: Lost Child policy for one, which could I suppose come under the umbrella of Child Protection.

Also look at all the mandatory requirements in the Standards, these are also important policy and procedure.

I think it's difficult to say that one is more important than another., but maybe your research will come up with that as part of it's conclusion :o

We all have policies that are not dictated by Ofsted, and if you look on the resources section of the forum you should find a comprehensive list.

If you can't find it let me know. :D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)