Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Positive Note!

Guest cat33

I just felt I needed to come here and say how much I love working in early years. I seem to have posted so many negative posts that I was begining to think I was lost.

I think we are going through a time of great turmoil in early years with the introduction of the Foundation Stage. Are we a stage? How do we cope with pressure from Key stage one? How can we make a stronger link between FS1 and FS2?

We will get there because we have dedicated Practitioners in ealy years!

I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is thanks to meeting places like this forum that gives us focus, support and teamwork to carry on.

Glad to have got that off my chest. Am off into school now as sometimes it is the only chance I have to work with no one needing my support!

:) Chris

How do you get into school on a sunday? Our site manager grumbles at the thought of having to open the school in any holiday!!

I do agree with you Chris, as I have said elsewhere, we make it work because of the dedicated peple that we are. I have workedd across all phasesa (including seconday and adults) but have never met the dedication and team spirit that is present in early years. I wouldnt go anywhere else now.

How great it is to hear this :D I agree entirely and it is precisely this reason why Steve and I thought a forum like this would work! I used to come back from meetings and courses etc and say to Steve that nobody wanted to leave at the end of the evening because we were all enthused about a particular topic and there never seemed to be enough time to discuss issues.