Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Been Asked To Be Godmother!

I was at uni today, signing up for the Foundation Degree (which didn't go all that well to be honest, but that is for another day!) when my friend rings me up. She text me earlier on today but I was busy at work so didn't get back to her. She is one of those people that you don't see for months and when we do, I say silly things to her and think she isn't talking to me (you know the one?? She is talking to me, turned out she had been really ill in hospital. Felt terrible for accusing her of not talking to me, pathetic I know).

Anyway, I thought it was strange that she rung me to see whether I had received her text and then she said it:

"We were wondering if you would like to be N____'s godmother!"

I was so touched that I nearly started crying! I couldn't believe it! I am so touched and happy to have been asked, I couldn't stop saying "are you sure?" and "thank you!" This went on for some time until eventually I had to get off the phone and get down to the serious business of uni.

I am so excited. I will now be official godmother to 6 children ranging in ages from 15 years, to 7 months!

Clare,

That's lovely news! I'm godmother to two children - a 13 year old and an almost 4 year old. One is my cousin's youngest and the other is my best friends only child so I am always in touch with them, but only get to see them three or four times a year due to where we all live.

It's touching to think that your friend thinks so much of you and would want you to be involved in the future of their family.