Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childs Own Planning

Can anyone tell me what they allow their children to do after they have finished their adult led task I thought that it was good practice to then allow the chilodren to tell the adult and say where they were going to plan in the classroom. I have been told by my head that we should direct the children to an area we want them to plan in but I feel this is not child initiated. Then at review time the children tell you what they have done/learnt. I am in a Reception class and have our advisor coming in on Friday. Help !!!!!

My Children 3-5yrs plan their own "work Time" this is their free choice of the resources in the classroom and outdoor free flow play. If you are directing children to an activity that is pre determined by the adult this is adult led and not child initiated. The advisors in our area are moving towards more child initiated and less adult directed time with the children taking part in small/large group adult focussed tasks that are short and sweet. Hope this helps and dosen't confuse you any further.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)