Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Report Formats

Lorna

Hi all

I know its only the beginning of the year but we are discussiong reports again in school. :o

It makes me mad as i spent about 6 months researching programs to feed information into to look at assessment as a whole.... but thats not liked after a one year trial.... so we are back at square 1. xD:(:(

So my request is.....

Does anyone have an end of year report format that they are willing to share either Foundation stage or KS1?

My head is looking for something simple where we can tick boxes or enter levels with a limited space for comment.... any formats greatly received and will save me hours of work.

Thanks in advance. :)

I have looked in the past posts and downloaded a couple of FS reports.

Lorna

Edited by Lorna

Our FSU reports consist of commenting on the 6 FS areas (+RE as we are a church school) and end with a personal comment where I usually add a literacy based target and a numeracy target. It's just A4 sheet folded over with school logo on front, Areas inside and the personal comment on back. I kinow there has been some previous discussions on reports on the forum, I seem to remember one setting adding a photo of the child which I thought was a nice touch.

Oh Lorna, tick boxes sounds great. We were given an exemplar report to follow. It was approx 3000 words long. It had to have a section on each of the 6 areas for FS and a general comment. CLL and Numeracy needed two targets each. The children also did their own page which could be age and stage appropriate. We interpreted this as being a picture of something they had got better at during the year with either their own writing or a scribed comment under 'brave' writing. Each report including front cover ran to about 6 sides of A4 I think. You probably wouldn't want a copy as it really doesn't follow your remit. I wonder how many parents read mine and how much of them they read!

AOB

Hi Lorna,

I produce mine via the eprofile during the year and copy and paste into a word document for tweeking/personal comments at report writing time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)