Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yeah I Got Another Job Interview

beth1

Hi everyone.

I sort of knew of a strange reason why I was sent home from supply today. :(

I've got a new job interview for the preschool leader jobshare. Yipppeeeeeee!!!!!!! :D It is on Friday at 11am, they wanted me to go in on Thursday but I am a college they forgotten about it.

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :o I can't remember what sort of questions they will ask. Me memories gone, my last interview was a bulr. :( Please help me all preschool leaders to what sort of questions they will ask. I know I need to look at the Foundation Stage Document as well. xD

Now I need to remember what sort of questions to ask them, must look up on the internet for some answers and books. If any of you have some good questions post them my way please. :wacko:

Beth

Oh just spotted a bit of Yorkshire in the wording. :(

Hi I have thought of my questions to ask them these are:

1)I am really interested in contitous and professional development. Do you have a professional and training plan for staff and how is the preschool going to support my future training and professional development? (thanks peggy for that question started using this in all my interviews)

2)Why is the postion open? (useful to understand what happened to last person)

3)Can you describe a typical day? (different places work in different ways)

4)Is there an induction pack available to prepare me for my first few days in preschool? (shows that I am interested in the job)

5)How soon do you want a preschool leader? (also show that I interested in the job)

6)When can I expect to hear your desion? (most important question)

Are these any good, does it look like I want the job? :D

Suzanne W great link printed out what I need thanks.

Now all I need to do is get my head around the sorts of questions they will ask me. xD Also do I need to know about Ofsted outcomes and daycare standards for full day care? :o It is a preschool playgroup open from 9.15am till 3.15pm with a lunch club in the middle. Please tell me what is important so I can find the relevant information in time, well I have to study as well. :(

Oh what fun it is trying to find a better job. :(

Beth

Edited by beth1

do I need to know about Ofsted outcomes and daycare standards for full day care?

YES, especially as a preschool leader.

Peggy

Thank you Peggy just printing the outcomes and daycare standards (Surestart version). Oh well looks like a little bedtime reading. :o

Do you think it would count on being a relfective practitioner for the FD course. Oh hurry up Thursday I want my module Handbooks to look at oh no not more bedtime reading. xD

Beth

BOBOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! xD I did not get the job, not engough expericence at this senior level. Oh well not the job for me then. :o I'll just have to keep on trying, at the rate I am going it will be Christmas before I get a job.

Beth