Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Display Ideas

Hi SueBee,

I recently displayed photgraphs of the children making different shapes with their bodies outdoors in our playground. I mounted the images along with a brief discription of the activity and the corresponding early learning goal. Hope this helps.

Good for this time of year is a paionting of a person, I have 1 head, 2 hands, 10 fingers, 10 toes, two people have 20 fingers etc. all labelled up.

I am putting together a shape display, we have made our own shapes from straws cut up, threaded together in a tight necklace and then used to print lots of different shapoes. We have printed with different shapes, great for assessment - what shapes have you used for your picture? We have also looked at 3D shapes and decorated different shapes we found in junk modelling. Bung it all up with labels and quotes from the childrens assessment.

Just an idea, it has worked for me.

Liz x

Number trains with a number on each carriage and that number of passengers / objects inside. If you can put it low enough you can make it interactive for the children to add the correct number to the carriages.

We also do 3D houses in a street with door numbers to order. It works both in the straight forward 1-10 or one side odd the other even

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)