Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Suggestions For Actions Following Inspection

HI

we had our last ofsted 9/feb/2005 and there were two actions on our report. I have now realised that the old manager did not create an action plan following on from the report.

My director wants me to do them, but have we left it too long?

I was not even working in the setting when the last inspection was carried out.

if i do have to do an action plan re the actions, then how do i write it.... i.e is there a specific format

Dawn

Dawn, we were sent a form to fill that set out our action plan, it had a format that just needed filling in, maybe they could send you one, unless it's the old 'different area does different thing' situation.

I'm in the same boat as you Dawn, in the fact that I wasn't working in the nursery back then. It too appears that the previous manager did not produce a post-Ofsted action plan.

I'm of the mind that it is our responsibility to take any neccessary actions recommended in the report, as new manager, as they will want to see how we've developed since the last one.

Edited by Guest

I'm in the same boat as you Dawn, in the fact that I wasn't working in the nursery back then. It too appears that the previous manager did not produce a post-Ofsted action plan.

I'm of the mind that it is our responsibility to take any neccessary actions recommended in the report, as new manager, as they will want to see how we've developed since the last one.

managers hey!!!!

I thought my old manager was organised, that was until i got in the office and saw how far behind in things she was... i am still playing catch up.

I am of the thinking too that it is our responsability to produce the post ofsted action plan ~ be it a year and a half too late!

Anyhow i am off for four days yipeeeeee!!!!!!!!! so this shall have to go on the ever increasing 'to do' pile :o

~ good luck with your action plan

Dawn

What a not very nice thing to find, :o the last manager must not have been a good one. When we had an Ofsted in my last day nursery the manager made sure that action plan was done, she did straght away. It was ready for us at the next meeting to allow us to inprove our service to children.

So get one done as soon as possible, its a good job the big O as not been in sooner I wonder what they would have said? :D

Beth

I am surprised the action plans haven't been written, were they 'actions' or 'recommendations' If they are 'actions' I thought they had to be sent off to Ofsted within a certain time scale.

Have any of them been addressed at all?

I started doing action plans for everything, not just after Ofsted Inspection. This came about whilst doing my Kitemark quality assurance scheme. I introduced it as a way to evidence my SEF and how we meet the 5 outcomes.

I have written action plans under each outcome heading. Alongside the action plan I write notes on why I am developing a particular aspect of my service and how I first recognised the need to ie: from staff meetings, planning reviews, policy reviews, kitemark evaluation, and Ofsted Inspection recommendations.

I have attached a small example

Good luck

Peggy

ps I like the Ofsted example in the link as well

example_action_plan.doc

Thank you for sharing that example peggy, it will be useful for work.

our feedback were 'actions' it states on the report that the actions should be addressed in 40 days and made available to parents, but not to be sent back to ofsted.

and no they have not been done yet :o but we are getting there with them.

i work in a chain of nurseries (well there are four) and three of them have recently had inspections so we think we will be soon.

maybe they will come whilst i am off LOL

Dawn

I am surprised the action plans haven't been written, were they 'actions' or 'recommendations' If they are 'actions' I thought they had to be sent off to Ofsted within a certain time scale.

Have any of them been addressed at all?

I started doing action plans for everything, not just after Ofsted Inspection. This came about whilst doing my Kitemark quality assurance scheme. I introduced it as a way to evidence my SEF and how we meet the 5 outcomes.

I have written action plans under each outcome heading. Alongside the action plan I write notes on why I am developing a particular aspect of my service and how I first recognised the need to ie: from staff meetings, planning reviews, policy reviews, kitemark evaluation, and Ofsted Inspection recommendations.

I have attached a small example

Good luck

Peggy

ps I like the Ofsted example in the link as well