Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jolly Phonic Activity Sheets

We reduced the sheets on the photocopier and use these in the childrens sound books so parents have a copy of the actions to accompany the letters. I did some training with Sue Lloyd and she was against the sheets being used for anything other than letter formation practice. As we no longer use this style of writing we have abandoned using the sheets in class.

Thanks for that Marion

So when you have introduced your new sound you will follow up with a focused activity from Playing with sounds, or Jolly Phonics medium term plans?

Thanks

Hi Marion

I would love you to come for a visit

Im using the Playing with Sounds activities with the JP actions.

I would love to visit as soon as I can organise something. At the moment life is hectic. We are in the next phase of children's centres so lots of meetings and debate. The head has asked me to liase with other agencies and I amnow SENCo and responsible for Child Protection issues plus still in the process of building the new web site and refurbishing the unit indoor and out.............the joys :D

I hope your getting a rise for all that work!

We realise our outdoor area is going to take a few thousand to do properly but it can come out of capital fund so hopefully will be done in phases

that's what i do

groups of letters taught in order of playing with sounds

using JP actions and some stories

and activities from PWS and some from Sue Lloyds JP phonics

Lots more practical which is great

No pay rise surprise surprise!

We hopefully can go ahead with the outdoor area now the site of the children's centre has been decided. Like you it will be done in stages from the capital fund and with some help from parents. One of our dad's has replaced all the outdoor furniture that we were dissatisfied with and made a much better job than the county supplier.

Your Phonics sounds very similar to what we are doing this year. I am also leaving letter formation until all sounds have been taught only doing very basic activities on a large scale where in the past we would have jumped straight into formal handwriting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)