Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Objectives/intentions

Hi all!

me again! just thinking about planning for OFSTED next week. Should I be showing learning intentions/objectives for the child initiated activities or just show the esources that are being provided???

thanks

if they are adult iniated then yes you need to show what you expect the children to get out of it or indeed after what they did get out of it!If it is child initated again what did the child get out of it and what could you do as a team to feed that childs interest and move them on.

for instance you may have a cutting activity (snipping) of which some managed it some didnt,so on you evaluation/next steps could perhaps say scissors out with playdo on certain childs sessions or another child may have cut a line no prob so you may have an activity of cutting round a shape.

or lots of opportunities to cut rather then adult led activities

I would argue that its impossible to put learning objectives on a child initiated task unless you plan retrospectively as until you see what the child chooses to do and what they get out of the activity you cant predict what will be learnt (if that makes sense?) We only put learning objectives for focused tasks and adult directed tasks child initiated learning would be covered by an evaluation

Hi Everyone,

I only have set learning objectives for my adult led focused activities. The other child-initiated activites are impossible to plan objectives for because you don't know what the children will achieve until they have done the activity.

What I have done for my sand/water/role play/ICT area/Music/literacy and numeray areas/ malleable/ art and design and Outdoor areas is a simple permanent plan in the shape of a 'tree' for outdoors, a painting easel for art and design etc. These plans have the vocab that might be used, questions that adults could ask the children to encourage vocab, possible resources for that area and some learning objectives that the children may acheieve.

I hope this helps. I've got ofsted on Tuesday so I might not be very clear at the moment.

Boogie :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)