Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sand Tray Problems

I am based in a really small room with 6/7 children. We are having trouble with the sand 'accidently' coming out the sand tray and onto the carpet. Does anyone have any wonderful suggestions for mats etc to make clearing it up any easier? We do not have free access to an outdoor area although there is a sand pit in the playground we can use when we do go out.

If it is a big issue for you, you could put a plastic sheet under tray to catch it all.

I have used the hoover before on carpet which works well.

The wetter the sand the less likey it is to get flicked everywhere but that depends on your children!

What type of sand tray you got? Is it to high or to low do you think? Saying that it makes no difference to my children and it all ends up on the floor anyway :o

Should add the messier it gets the more fun everyone has had.

Not sand but ................writing in flour turned at some stage into making 'snow angels' in flour on the floor :o and having snow storms. I love this picture and wanted to share :D

post-4544-1158787450_thumb.jpg

It is a commercial 'nursery/school' type sandpit - I wish they would put a ledge around the inside to balance buckets etc on. I don't mind the sand on the carpet it is just a bit timeconsuming to clear it up! Not too good for the hoover either! I might try and get some sort of plastic sheet. We used this in my previous setting taped to the floor with duck tape to stop it moving. The floor there was covered in a vinyl fooring. Love the picture Marion!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)