Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Behaviour Policy

Elfy

I am an NQT working in a nursery unit attached to a primary school. Tomorrow we have a staff meeting to discuss the behaviour policy as we have a new head and she wants to make sure we are all singing from the same sheet. We have been asked to read the current policy and jot down any ideas for change. I have noticed that there is no reference made to how proceedures may be different for children in the foundation stage. Do you think this is necessary? And if so could you give me some idea of key points you would expect to see? I am the only teacher in school with Foundation stage trainning and I want to make sure I fly the flag high, so to speak!!

Thanks for you help

Elfy

x

Elfy, just a quick thought.

look at the P.S.E.D curriculum and think about the development of young children. Your three year olds may not be able to comply with adults the same as you would hope a reception age child could. Maybe a reference to the younger children following the F.S curriculum will help.You could work backwards to see where you are hoping your children will be by reception. Talking of which, what does the Reception teacher think. It would probably be a good idea to look at it together

Some things are basic however such as the most effective way to gain good behaviour is through positive reenforcement, setting clear boundaries. making expectations explicit. You need to constantly let children know what good behaviour is.e.g I like the way you are....... That is so sensible. You are thinking carefully. You are remembering we walk inside so we don't have accidents.

Well I'm sure others will have lots of ideas and I'm too tired to think any more, but hope this triggers some thoughts

Regards Lynda

Thanks, the meeting went ok, the head and rest of staff agree that there is a need for clarification of behaviour management strategies for foundation stage children in policy and that was as far as we got today. The head, reception teacher, special support centre teacher and I will get together to decide what it will say - so anyones ideas are still very welcome.

Elfy

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)