Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Displays Of Children's Work

Hi, I have just got a job as Nursery Nurse in the school that I work in as Teaching Assistant.

I have been trying to find some good books with ideas on displaying childrens work (wall displays, funky lettering etc). Has anyone got any recommendations of books showing examples and ideas?

I was unfortunate that in my last two classes I worked with a colleague who had a natural flair for displays and never really got the chance to create my own!

I would love to be able to take some new ideas and create fantastic displays in my new job but definately need some help!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Julie

Hi

In the past I have used Scholastic Theme Display books for inspiration, also Belair have a vast range of different display ideas and technique books suitable for use in a 'school' environment

www.folens.com has info about the range of Belair books

Right - here goes

Try this to find out more about Belair Products

Still trying my hand at 'computer' stuff - need my L plates on most of the time.

HOORAY! the link has worked!

(thanks Steve and Inge for the 'driving lessons')

as mad as it sounds we let our children (pre-school) tell us where and how they want their art work displayed, we have two dedicated boards to 'children's displays' sometimes they look mighty interesting (ie people stood upside down, cars flying in the air etc) but hey the children choose where they want it to go.

I know that didn't answer your question tho ~ sorry

Dawn

I sometimes find simple but effective illustrations from story books,nursery rhymes,etc good for inspiration if stuck. I've known some teachers copy a picture onto OHP sheets and project it big on the wall, if you're really stuck it works a treat!

Thanks everyone for all your ideas! Each and every one of them is of help to me and I hope to be producing wonderful displays very soon!

Many thanks,

Julie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)