Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do You Feel Like You've Never Had A Six Week Holiday?

Hi

Just wanted to know if others felt the same way!!

I never get home much before 6, with setting up for the next day and last week it was past 7 sometimes!!

You just feel totally shattered!

I am sure it will get easier and we even had another school visit today - I said you have to appreciate we are in the early stages!

The indoors is starting to come together so I will take some pics soon for you all to see.

My husband thinks I am mad as I am getting up at 4am and writing lists, the thing is I don't go back to bed.

I'm gonna have a couple of glasses of wine tonight, I recommend it if your stressed!

I'm sure they do! I used to feel like that after only 1 day back and certainy before end of first week. Unfortunately, at the moment Ive had no supply work so far this term.

Keep up the good work but do make sure you dont over do it. I'm looking forward to those photos.

what is six weeks off. i work in a day nursery. eight hours a day plus usually end up pottering about in my lunch hour. then the time i put in at home doing all sorts of bits and pieces. only have bank holidays and a week at christmas. six weeks off over summer would be heaven

what is six weeks off. i work in a day nursery. eight hours a day plus usually end up pottering about in my lunch hour. then the time i put in at home doing all sorts of bits and pieces. only have bank holidays and a week at christmas. six weeks off over summer would be heaven

this sounds just like me i work a 10 hour day most weeks x

all I can add is that after a long break and now back to my furniture removal business, oops I mean preschool ( everything out then back in the cupboards every day)

MY BODY ACHES ALL OVER.

Already poured the wine, should be doing admin now, but hey, I'll get up early for that :o

Peggy

Well I must be lucky to have 7 weeks off on hoildays. I only started work on Monday and they already want me back for 2 days next week and the week after, must be doing some good work.

Anyway in the last 3 years I have worked in day nurseriesand got between 16 to 20 days per year only got 1 week a christmas(need to keep 3 days spare), 1 week in Jan/Feb(5 days) time and 2 weeks in June/July (10 or 11 days) plus and a few days spare.

Knowing me I will end up working in day nurseries again with 4 weeks pro rata(16 days per year) xD:o The problem with me is I like holidays to much, would love to work in a school setting but I am finding lots of diffuctiies with doing my FD course on Thursday during the day.

Beth

I was really tired the first week back...no problems sleeping but keep having weird dreams about school! Why is it always the SEN children that pop into my dreams??

because you care :o

Peggy

Guest MaryEMac

We went back on Monday and so far two children have left not because of the playgroup but circumstances, 3 mums have changed their minds about how many sessions they want and at the AGM last night ( very poorly attended) we couldn't get a treasurer.Only two new mums came plus outgoing chair, 3 old committee members and 3 members of staff. We have over 20 children on the register, so where were their parents? They all knew about it. Anyway I feel like another 6 weeks off as most of the new children are very strong willed and it's been a constant battle so far this week. Good job it's Friday tomorrow!!!

Mary

we went back Monday too: two children left only messages left, so have filled there spaces in house but means changing attenadance lists and registers!!!! :o:(

Chair has resigned AGM in two weeks!!!!!!! (we have on average 50 children on the register at the most get 5 parents turn up for agm - SO YOU WERE QUITE LUCKY) xD:D

So the usual if no chair - no nursery :(

Im glad its Friday tomorrow too! :)