Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yeeeh Aahhhh!

beth1

Hurray at last some luck as come to me at last. :D:D:D

Job 1:

I have applied for a Pre-school leader (job share) 2.5 days per week. This may be my last resort job, as I could also work for my agency 1 day per week.

Please could preschool leaders who job share tell me about what their job entails. Your help would me much appricated interms of application forms and maybe in interview. :o

Job 2:

I have also applied for a Deptuy Managers job in a day nursery, seemed very interested when I mentioned my FD course. Could work around my course on Thursday if I get shortlisted, talk about it at interview.

Please could all deputy managers tell me about what their jobs entail in a day nursery so I can do a very good application form and maybe the interview. xD Your help would be much appricated.

Thankyou in advance, oh well you can't have everything in life.

Beth

P.S. Sorry just relased I've slipped into American English - Spend 3 months out there in 2003 and picked up the language very quick.

Edited by beth1

hi, Beth I am a play leader my job entails......pre paring the setting, sorting out the staffs duties each term, writing up the curriculum plans, leading staff meetings for planning, ofsted matters etc, updating files, supporting/ prompting staff, implementing policies & procdeures, maintaing a safe, friendly, welcoming & clean enviroment maintaining together , keeping up to date with all requirements, ensuring a good relationship is kept with the parents, laison between us the hall providers, the best being with the children, having fun and walking away from a session with paint up to my elbows and play dough knees!!! I dont have a job share job, but I do deligate tasks to the assistants such as craft prep, foucsed activities, book bag changes, role play ideas. Hope this helps!!!!

lesley seems to have covered quite a lot.

I would suggest for job 1 that you have answers ready about how you would maintain communication between yourself and the other person, as this would be very important with a job share. I would also ask who would be ultimately responsible? just imagine the "I thought ...was going to deal with that, do that, find out that, etc etc" As manager you are responsible for ensuring the national standards are met and that you have monitoring systems in place to evidence that they are met consistently.

Job 1 & 2. I also suggest you find out as much as you can about the setting you are applying for, have they a website? Write your application to the person specification, explain how your previous experience shows that you can meet specific requirements of the job.

Wishing you all the best of luck :D

Peggy

Just to let you know, hopefully I will be having an interview next Wednesday for job number 2. Depending on if the nursery owner can make it. :D

Ok now I only need to know what a deptuty manager does in a day nursery, eekkk!!!! I have worked as a before and afterschool club co-ordinator before so I have some expericence at that level hopefully. Why do I feel that I'm getting that skinking feeling :o

I wonder what sort of questions they will ask at this level of management? :(

Oh I am looking forward to my Foundation Degree in Early Years, now only if I could find a job nearer home. :(

Peggy just to let you know that they don't have a website :( I have looked on the Ofsted site and discovered lots about the nursery, in fact I have attented an interview in 2003 when I first qualifed and got the job offered, but turned it down for a job closer to home and I now live further than before. xD

Beth