Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please Chaps!

Hello All

Advice needed.

I am acting deputy this term, so I thiought that I could get a few weeks under my belt and then apply for the post!!!!

Have now found out that the closing date is Sept 29th and interviews Oct. 12th.

So what do I write on my application form that makes me the one thay'll choose?? All advice gratefully received. Many thanks :D

Oh thats exciting Kate! I seem to remember that you had some serious reservations as you started this job, they obviously didnt materialise?!

You have the advantage that you know the school, the routines etc and you have experience working there so definitely play on those. Presumably, as always, you need to say why you want the job and what you have to offer and as Shelley says, there should be a person spec shouldnt there? Stress what youve done already too, pretend they dont know you.

Good luck.

Just been through this and pleased to say I got the job.

Like the others said go through the person spec and talk about egs of what you have done or think about each area. Talk about things specific to the school but in a general way ie not referring to names etc. Then talk about what you see the role to be and what you would bring to the job.

It is really hard when you know all the people involved and they know you but good luck Kate and by the way get a good outfit that makes you feel really confident!

Jo

Just been through this too and was pipped at the post, very close apparently! First time I had applied though so not too sad. Apparently I was very good but the other applicant talked more about leadership and leading by example, being a role model etc, I talked too much about what we had done as a team and did not make enough of my part in the schools progress and what I had to offer. Also they asked me about my life outside school which strangely threw me, was too psyched up to talk about about school and raising attainment. Hope this is some help.

Liz x